Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nurgle Chaos Lord with super goo sprayer (aka the Burning Brand of Skalathrax)

New lord. I hesitated buying this guy for some time because he has been done so well time and again by the pros. It made me uncertain I could do it justice. Still not so sure, but I think it passes for tabletop gaming.

Un nouveau seigneur. J'ai hésité à l'acheter pour un bout de temps puisque je n'étais pas certain que je pourrais lui rendre justice. Toutefois, je crois qu'il est suffisamment bien fait pour une partie marrante.

He only took me about three hours to paint as I was trying a new technique, a mix of wet blending, dry brushing, icing, and edge highlighting.

Il m'a pris seulement trois à quatre heures. J'ai essayé une nouvelle technique, une combinaison du brossage à sec, du mariage mouillé, du glaçage, et du balayage de bord.

The big challenge was making a fantasy piece look like a 40k piece. I just started slapping on green stuff to replicate crumbling power armour, and added a respirator and a backpack.

Le gros défi était de lui transformé de fantaisie jusqu'au 40k. J'ai mis de Greenstuff puisque j'ai voulu reproduire l'armure énergétique qui s'émiette, et j'ai ajouté un respirateur et un sac à dos.

I didn't need another lord, given I now have three running that are 6th edition optimized, but then I was perusing my codex and saw the Burning Brand of Skalathrax. What's not to like about another AP3 flamer? It's not quite as effective as it might be on a daemon prince, but it is still fun to pop out after a successful outflank into enemy lines.

Je n'ai pas eu besoin d'un autre seigneur puisque j'ai trois gars qui sont optimisés pour la sixième édition. Cependant, j'ai remarqué le Burning Brand of Skalathrax. Un lance-flamme AP3; que demander de plus? Ce n'est pas si efficace comme il serait déployé avec un prince démon volant. Quand même, c'est marrant du débordé avec lui dans la zone de l'ennemi.









2 comments:

  1. That looks incredible. Love how the sharp yellow contrasts with the grungy green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been experimenting with very sharp contrasts. Still not where I want to be but I like these results. Fluffwise, I figure he just grabbed the barrel recently and it hasn't had time to be Nurglified. :)

    ReplyDelete